[Radiance-general] BSDF

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Aug 24 12:30:32 PDT 2011

Hi,

I just have been able to see the last minutes of the presentation on
relevant optical measurements by Jacob. Anyways, even from the schedule,
it is really nice to see a coherent terminology finally - no more
BTDF/BRDF/BRTDF (or all of these without F), just BSDF everywhere.
Somehow I do not like the F (as the abbrevation is usually not used to
describe a function but discrete data, as Jacob just demonstrated when
talking about measurements), but it is still less confusing like that.
Maybe the Radiance community will be the first having such a stringent
terminology :-) I am excited to see the coming presentations...

Cheers, Lars.