[Radiance-general] Three-Phase Method - subdivision of window with sensor located close to the window

David Geisler-Moroder david.moroder at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 11:24:17 PDT 2011

Hi Anne,

give Andy's suggestion using the glow material a try - I usually do that
for large windows (i.e. in most cases) to avoid the
subsampling problem of the "window lights". Even if you do not put
sensors close to the window, you mostly have walls
somewhere close to the window where the same issue arises.
Manually subdividing is only necessary - as Andy states - if it's needed
because of changes in the exterior illumination.

Cheers,
David