[Radiance-general] Re: obj2rad: "bad face" and "bad triangle"

J. Alstan Jakubiec alstan at jakubiec.net
Tue Sep 21 04:34:26 PDT 2010

>> Has anyone seen these when trying to convert Rhino OBJ exports? What do
>> they mean?

Dear Randolph,

I have encountered this before with a complex Rhino model as well. Luckily
OBJ files are plain text.

In my case, a few of the points in my obj file were given a normal of 0 0
0 which obj2rad did not like. I fixed it by running a find and replace on
"vn 0 0 0" with "vn 0 0 1" without any negative consequences.

The specific errors of bad face or triangle seem to come from bad vt
(vertex texture-coordinate) data in your OBJ file, so I would start by
looking there.

Best regards,
Alstan