[Radiance-general] Ecotect Export Lighting Fixture Color Error

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 6 19:03:27 PDT 2010

> When I export this model to radiance, I get the following error:
>
> 3020: WARNING: Light object 87 is producing no light - check color and
> lumen output.

So and how is your "FloodlightNoShielding" defined in Ecotect?

> Indeed, when I look into the RAD file, I see the following:
>
> FloodlightNoShielding_dist light FloodlightNoShielding
> 0
> 0
> 3       0.000 0.000 0.000
>
> When I render it this way, there is no artifical lighting. When I convert
> the "0.000" values to "255", then I get the desired result.

You don't want to use the display RGB values here (range 1-255). The
three values define the intensity of the light source in W/m^2. The
right value for your _flood_light depends on the definition of the
distribution and the size of the fitting in the model.

> Now, the
> problem is, there are so many fixtures in the model that I cannot edit the
> RAD file each time before simulation. Why is Ecotect creating the RAD file
> with these values? Is there a bug or is there something that I am missing?

Bug is always possible with Ecotect but I expect that - as the error
suggests - you definition of the light (a type of material in Ecotect)
is wrong.

Regards,
Thomas