[Radiance-general] RE: GenCumulativeSky - follow-up questions

Kam Shing Leung citykam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 30 05:30:16 PST 2010

Dear Alstan and all,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. It works after I add ".\" in front of the
file name.

May I ask a couple of follow-up questions?

Q1. I tried to generate cumulative skies for direct radiation (binned) for
different periods of time in a year.  They all give the same results.  Is it not
possible to specify the time and day period for direct radiation?

Q2. I created angular fisheye views of the sky dome (180-deg spread with the
centre at the zenith) and found some anomaly that I can't explain:

Direct -

a. All sun paths are found within approx. 45 degrees from the zenith.  It
looks like a normal sunpath diagram being "cropped", leaving a circular area in
the middle.  I changed the view direct (-vd) and it's still the case (i.e. not a
view setting problem)

b. The sun paths are almost continuous rather than in form 5-degree "bins"

Diffuse -

a. The lowest row of the 145-patch sky dome is particularly bright on the left
and right sides (i.e. west and east sides, respectively) .  It appears under
both Singaporean and San Francisco skies.  Would it be related to the limitation
on <6 degrees sun angle?

Thanks in advance for bearing with this long list of question.  It would be
great if there is a "manual" that can be made available - it's a useful tool!

Cheers,
Kam