[Radiance-general] rookie question: how to do in the command window of Windows system what "echo" does in Unix shell?

Ji Zhang 张冀 hope.zh at gmail.com
Fri May 28 02:48:36 PDT 2010

Dear Radiance experts,

I'm new to Radiance and appreciate if you can help me on this simple
question:

The following commend in the Shell of Unix will get the horizontal
irradiance value due to the uniform sky as defined in the sky_uni.oct file:

% echo "0 0 0 0 0 1"  |  rtrace  -h  -r+  -w  -ab  1  sky_uni.oct

May I ask in order to do the same thing what DOS commands I should use do
the same thing in the command window of a Windows XP or Vista system when
I'm using the Desktop Radiance?

Thank you!

Ji