[Radiance-general] Misplaced Rendering Frame

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue May 18 10:04:58 PDT 2010

Hi Nick,

I have no idea what was causing this, but Jack de Valpine said offline
he's seen similar issues with rpiece and image sections (pieces) that
have very little going on, like the corners of your image.  It may be
a race condition that the NFS lock manager isn't handling properly,
but nothing I can really do much about.  I don't know how the ambient
resolution would affect this, so it's a puzzle.  It could just be
coincidence.

In related news, I just made an enhancement to the "rad" executive
program to run rpiece automatically when -N is set >1 and only a
single view is being requested.  It even does automatic recovery if
the rendering gets interrupted.

Best,
-Greg