[Radiance-general] Re: Re: Upgrading to R4: "There were some errors."

Cramer Silkworth silkworth at transsolar.com
Wed May 12 14:25:50 PDT 2010

Greg & All,

echo $RAYPATH currently yields nothing, so maybe that's the problem (but
PATH does include usr/local/bin). My problem is, i'm not really a linux
guy, and googling how to set it returns no fewer than a gazillion
different places that PATHs are set. Can you tell me where the best
place would be, and what exactly the line is (in Ubuntu 9.10)? Sorry, I
know it's a newbie question, but there doesn't seem to consensus on the
internet (not that there ever really is) on how to do this.

Bernd, adding the build-dep packages didn't solve the compiling problem.
If the setting raypath doesn't fix it, I'm starting with a fresh install
of the OS with all packages selected. Radiance is the only thing I use
this machine for, so it's not really a big deal.

Thanks,
Cramer
--
*Cramer Silkworth
212 219 2255 | silkworth at transsolar.com <mailto:silkworth at transsolar.com>

Transsolar Climate Engineering
Technical consulting for energy efficiency and environmental quality in
buildings.
New York - Stuttgart - Munich*