[Radiance-general] import to Radiance

Jia Hu hujia06 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 00:35:22 PDT 2010

Hello:

I download the evaluation version of Rhino V 4.0 SR 8 (about 120 M, the
latest evaluation version with full funcations) from its official
website. It has a limitation of 25 times of saving files.

 I can import dwg (2007) from revit 2010 and export obj by Layer.Another way
I tried was to import fbx which was exported from Revit 2010. I intend to
export obj file through "export material definition". But the command line
of Rhino says Error importing XXX.fbx.

I asked this question in Autodesk Discussion Group and they say "FBX from
Revit 2010 is only compatible with Max 2010. It doesn't work like
earlier versions of FBX where other programs could open it."  So the problem
is that current Revit uses a new version of fbx while Rhino seems to use an
old one.

Regards,
Jia