[Radiance-general] ranimate Host directive

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 14:29:22 PDT 2010

Hi Terrance,

This is the as-designed behavior for ranimate.  The basic assumption
is that you have an NFS-shared filesystem or the like where user names
are preserved.  Therefore, even if you are logging in as a different
user on the remote machine, it assumes you want to execute ranimate in
the originating user's home directory, and you have set up directory
and file permissions accordingly.  I suppose I should add a check on
the remote directory, and if a full path is given, forego the cd to
the originating home directory.

The recommended workaround if this is not the case is to write your
own remote ssh-replacement and do whatever custom things you want done
with that, assigning the RSH variable in the .ran file.

-Greg