[Radiance-general] "Rendering with Radiance" (non-)availability

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Sun Mar 7 00:24:37 PST 2010

Hi,

I just wanted to draw your attention to the fact that the main reference
for Radiance is not available. The cheapest price for "Rendering with
Radiance" at amazon.com as of today is 1000$ for a used copy. Booksurge
gives 0 results on a search. I wonder whether making the book available
as a paid pdf would not be better then not having it at all. This is a
big problem for application of the software, as anyone using it gets
pointed to this book as a reference, but no one could buy it. I have
been trying to buy a copy for an institute here for one year without any
success. Besides preventing potential users from starting with Radiance,
this increases the amount of beginners questions, that had been answered
in the book.

Cheers

Lars.