[Radiance-general] rpiece error

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Thu Mar 4 14:17:02 PST 2010

Hey Rob,

Well it does seem a bit odd. I believe that rpiece defaults to -X = 4
and -Y = 4, if nothing is specified on the command line.

It does look like too many copies are being forked though, thus all the
bash shells getting spawned and the error message for fork indicating
that no more resources are available.

Perhaps as one test it would be worth explicitly setting -X and -Y and
seeing what happens? Is this a standard system you are running on or a
cluster of some sort?

-Jack

--
# Jack de Valpine