[Radiance-general] R4 and materials

Cramer Silkworth silkworth at transsolar.com
Thu Jun 24 10:12:00 PDT 2010

Hi All,

I finally got R4 running (on Ubuntu 10.04) thanks to Bernd's posting two
days ago - thanks Bernd!

Now I'm running a couple tests to put it through its paces. The first
thing I noticed - and this is a problem I encountered a couple weeks ago
when first attempting R4 - is that it seems to scan my entire
materials.rad file, even for materials not used in the current octree.
It was crashing at missing cal files referenced in my materials.rad file
(the material defs for which I deleted, now it runs fine). Does this
sound right? Does R4 check all the materials, even if they aren't being
used?

Thanks,
Cramer
--
*Cramer Silkworth
212 219 2255 | silkworth at transsolar.com <mailto:silkworth at transsolar.com>

Transsolar Climate Engineering
Technical consulting for energy efficiency and environmental quality in
buildings.
New York - Stuttgart - Munich*