[Radiance-general] Radiance 4.0 installer for Ubuntu?

Ji Zhang hope.zh at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 22:40:51 PDT 2010

Dear Radiance experts,

May I ask if there's a latest version of Radiance (4.0) built for Ubuntu
system?

What I can find and install via the "Ubuntu software center" is "Radiance
3R9+20100109-1".

If I'm not wrong "Radiance 4R0" has already been published in the Radiance
webiste (http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/framed.html).

So, where can I can find the Radiance 4.0 installer for Ubuntu 10.04 system?

Or, can I download the "rad4R0all.tar.gz" from the Radiance website and
install it in Ubuntu?

If it is, then what are the detailed procedures to
1) uninstall the Radiance 3.9 currently installed on my Ubuntu and
2) use this "rad4R0all.tar.gz" file to install Radiance 4.0 on Ubuntu in the
Terminal?

Thanks!

Ji