[Radiance-general] objline doesn't seem to work properly and X11 window flash and gone very quickly

Ji Zhang 张冀 hope.zh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 09:37:25 PDT 2010

Thanks, John!

But I think the rad file I used should be OK because it only contains five
simple boxes and I can use rvu to generate a rendering for it.

Just now I tried to use the table.rad file got from Axel Jacobs' tutorial
and the objline still doesn't work. Moreover, there's an error message
showing in the Terminal:

*fatal - cannot open file "/usr/local/lib/ray/meta/vchars.mta", mode "r"*

I sense my Radiance has got big problem. What does this error message mean?

Should I reinstall Radiance?

What are the correct and detailed procedures to install Radiance on Mac OS X
Snow Leopard?

Thanks!

Ji

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:35 PM, John Mardaljevic <jm at dmu.ac.uk> wrote:

> Ji,
>
> Objline might bomb out if there are non-planar vertices in your model.
>
> -John

> Dr. John Mardaljevic
> Reader in Daylight Modelling
> Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development
> De Montfort University
> The Gateway
> Leicester
> LE1 9BH, UK
> +44 (0) 116 257 7972
> +44 (0) 116 257 7981 (fax)
>
> jm at dmu.ac.uk
> http://www.iesd.dmu.ac.uk/~jm <http://www.iesd.dmu.ac.uk/%7Ejm>

ZHANG Ji 张冀 (PhD) :: Research Fellow :: Centre for Sustainable Asian Cities
:: School of Design and Environment :: National University of Singapore :: 4
Architecture Drive,  Singapore, 117566 :: Contact: 65-6516 5046 :: Email:
sdezj at nus.edu.sg