[Radiance-general] Specular Reflections with the Daylight Coefficient Method

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 08:44:12 PDT 2010

Hi Rob,

Genskyvec always picks the three closest patches, regardless of the
sky resolution.  It would be difficult to use a sky resolution high
enough that one patch would be the better choice.  I only mentioned
the 1-4 range because that's what people have done, not as a
recommendation per se.

The important thing is to distribute energy according to which patches
are closest, so if the sun really is in the middle of a particular
patch, very little energy would be given to neighboring patches.  That
"very little" should probably be zero in some cases, but I don't think
it ever quite is in genskyvec with the weighting function I use.

-Greg