[Radiance-general] ar and aa

Jia Hu hujia06 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 09:52:56 PDT 2010

Thanks, I am more or less understand what you said. I also made some
experiment and discover:

(1) the maximum "influence radius" is not equal to sceneSize/ar but
influenced by aa and ar.
(2) the minimum "influence radius" is equal to sceneSize * aa /ar and it
happens in the complex geometry, e.g, corner.
(3) If a sample ray falls within the "influence radius", it will get ambient
value by interpolation of cached ambient value.

By the way, I can not search such terms as "-ar" or "ar" in the mailing list
archives because the system warns it is not a valid word.

Thanks for patience.
Jia