[Radiance-general] illum examples

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 21 01:57:13 PDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM, Jia Hu <hujia06 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I shall change the luminaires material type to "glow" (with maxrad = 0). In
> this case, the shadow rays will only be sent to illum rectangle and not be
> sent to the luminaire (inside illum rectangle).

Jia, keep in mind that any glow inside of the illum box only has the
purpose of illustrating a light source (fluorescent tube) and the
shape and the material of the fitting. The light that is emitted from
the luminaire is already accounted for in the illum material
definition which is created from an IES file. Therefore you do not
want your glow to contribute to the illumination of the scene and
mkillum 'hides' it's light contribution.

Thomas