[Radiance-general] ar and aa

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 23:31:17 PDT 2010

I assume you meant to compare "-aa" and "-ar" in your first sentence.
These are not two variables that affect the same behavior -- not much
point in that.  Rather, think of the -ar setting as determining a
scene resolution below which the accuracy of the indirect calculation
(as determined by the -aa parameter) will start to relax.  If you
divide your global scene size (the fourth value reported by "getinfo -
d octree") by the -ar setting, you will get the scene size below which
the indirect calculation will begin to lose accuracy.

Best,
-Greg