[Radiance-general] ambient parameters in rad program

Jia Hu hujia06 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 23:42:16 PDT 2010

Hello Radiance experts:

I am using RAD program to help visulize and revise my model.  I can not
find out where to specify the -a* parameters in RAD.
In its "view" variable, I can define the view file generated by the "view"
option of rvu.  But for "AMBFILE" variable, it says "the name
of  the  file  where  "ambient" or diffuse interreflection  values  will
be  stored  by  *rpict*  or *rvu.".  *How can I
save those ambient parameters in rpict or rvu in order to be used in
AMBFILEof RAD program? or how can I
define -a* parameters in RAD program except the "view" variable?

As always, Thank you,

Jia