[Radiance-general] Prismatic glazings

Marija Velickovic maricanis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 01:47:20 PDT 2010

Hi,

I've searched list's archive to find out some data related to prismatic
glazing simulation in Radiance. Here are some related questions.

First question is where to find valid optical and geometrical data related
to prismatic glazings. On various manufacturers' sites, like Siteco or
Inglas, there is only some descriptive info ,without any data useful for
simulations. I've found that some measuremens have been taken by Martin
Moeck few years ago for Siteco glazings. Are results available somewhere?

My idea is to use these glazings in light pipe simulation, on top and/or
bottom of pipe for light redirection, so I would go with pmap approach.
Since prism material calculation is not implemented in pmap, I suppose some
geometrical definition of glazing would be necessary with usage of
dielectric or interface material and then simulation with pmap.
Does anyone has some experience with geometrical definition and how much
accurate it should be (beside examples in Ronald Schregle thesis)?

In Lars mail
http://www.radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-general/2009-February/005793.htmlhe
put some questions related to Fresnel diffusers simulation. Lars, have
you succeeded in these simulations? Can you share with us your experience?

Beside pmap, would be rtcontrib be able to calculate light distribution from
light pipes, with new 3-phases method. In that case how to calculate and
define BTDF for complete sun pipe system (collector + pipe + diffuser)?

Lots of questions, and don't know where to go next. So any info would be
useful.

Marija,
De Luminae
www.deluminaelab.com