[Radiance-general] [ECOTECT Seminar @ IIT] July 23-24: For ECOTECT Beginner and BIM users

Dong-Hwan Ko kodongh at iit.edu
Mon Jul 5 08:40:36 PDT 2010

 Dear All,

 Please take a look at IIT ECOTECT Seminar 7.

 I hope many people join and learn ECOTECT & how to use BIM file for analysis.

 Website

 http://www.iit.edu/arch/programs/graduate/phd/activities/building_energy_s7.shtml

 Building Energy Analysis Seminar 7 (BIM & Sustainability using  ECOTECT)
 One & Half Day Seminar
 July 22-23, 2010

 Location: 3410 Bldg, Computer Lab (Rm 110)
 Address: 3410 S. State Street, Chicago IL 60616

 In this seminar, you will learn:
 - How to evaluate your BIM model (REVIT, ArchiCAD) using Autodesk  ECOTECT- How
to use ECOTECT, REVIT and GBS programs that will help
 you make better design decisions
 - The purpose and benefits of BIM, ECOTECT  modeling
 - When to use BIM, ECOTECT for improving green and sustainable design
 - How can we evaluate our BIM's Sustainability using ECOTECT?
 - What is the most simple file conversion method for BIM and Sustainability?-
Our new mandatory requirements (Job, Career) for  BIM, GREEN Building and LEED
 - How to interpret and report their results
 - To understand the techniques and design principles for low energy
 buildings and the review of energy-efficient design strategies
 - To understand the interdependence of design, location, weather,
 and scientific factors in developing energy-efficient buildings
 - To acquire the simulation skills to research weather and contexts
 in the schematic design process and run simulation programs to analyze
 building performance

 DONGHWAN KO