[Radiance-general] Understanding rtcontrib

Andrew McNeil andrew.mcneil at arup.com
Thu Jan 21 14:01:03 PST 2010

Hi Axel,

I like your step by step documentation of your process. I picked up a few
tricks along the way.

I do have one tip for you which you may have already figured out give the
time elapsed between your email and my reply.

When combining your tregenza patch renderings you should use pcomb's -o
option to use original pixel values instead of exposure adjusted values.
The -o option needs to precede every image, so I'm not sure if it'll work
with the wild card character.  Alternatively you could use pfilt -1 -e 1
when resizing the tregenza patch renderings to explicitly set exposure at 1.

I think this might solve the brightness issue you are having with rtcontrib
rendered images.

Best,
Andy