[Radiance-general] test file

Andrew McNeil andrew.mcneil at arup.com
Thu Jan 14 11:36:44 PST 2010

Jia,

There will always be some difference between two identical simulations in
Radiance.  The monte carlo sampling method used by radiance is like rolling
the dice several times.  If your sample density is high enough your results
for identical simulations will exhibit minor differences.  However with a
low sampling density a few lucky hits or misses can skew the simulation
results significantly.

The radiance simulation parameters allow us to adjust the sampling density
and other parameters to improve the correlation of the results.  Trouble is
there is no single set of parameter settings that works for every model.

To allow the group to best help you refine your simulation parameters you
should send the following:
1 ­ The radiance commands you used to run your simulation.
2 ­ The results of your simulations.
3 ­ A description of your model
4 ­ A rendering if you have one (proper etiquette is to upload the image to
a website and include a link in your email to the list).

Best,
Andy