[Radiance-general] Compiling rad4Rall on W7 64 bit Cygwin

Claus Brøndgaard Madsen cbm at create.aau.dk
Tue Dec 14 23:41:00 PST 2010

Hi Mark,
I ”resolved” the sighandler issue by applying the fix I found at:
http://www.radiance-online.org/pipermail/radiance-dev/2006-February/000676.html
Quoting:
I came across this problem when compiling Radiance under Interix.  I
resolved it by commenting out these three lines near the top of the file
persist.c:

typedef void (sighandler_t)(int);
static sighandler_t sig_io;
static sighandler_t sig_alrm;

I should warn you that I didn't look into the problem too deeply, so
that may or may not be the best solution!

Doing exactly “as I was told” I arrived at error free compilation, and I have had no problems running RADIANCE programs since.

Best,
Claus