[Radiance-general] optics2glazedb program

François Cantin FCantin at hudonjulien.com
Wed Dec 8 15:50:54 PST 2010

Hi Jack,

When I pass a set of files (Radiance output from Optics 5) to Optics2glazedb, the script doesn't seem to be able to ''compute'' all the uncoated glass (Monolithic type in Optics 5).

Following the example taken from your presentation at the 2009 Radiance Workshop, I try to process a Starphire Ultra Clear from PPG Industries (NFRC ID= 5004) as the glass that will serve as the clear glass for my set. However, despite using a clean output from Optics, I can't get a complete output from Optics2glazedb (all I get is an header with no value):

Surface Tr Tg Tb Rcr Rcg Rcb Rgr Rgg Rgb Part

On the other hand, when I pass a LowE on clear from Viracon (The other glass taken from your example - NFRC ID= 6046) the script return a good output.

Do you have any idea of what is going on ? (In fact, I should probably ask: what am I doing wrong ?)
I'm working on Cygwin, this may be the cause of the problem...

Also, you mentioned that the first glass material description must be for an uncoated ''clear'' glass. Can you give more explanation about that ? Is this a limitation of the Glaze script ?

Once again, thanks for your help, I very appreciate it !

François