[Radiance-general] Rtcontrib inside of script

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Aug 19 03:24:56 PDT 2010

Hi Rob!

> ...does not work. Fail. Boo. What I end up with is just a single
> treg000.hdr. Any ideas why? I have a feeling the system doesn't like the
> vwrays call inside of the rtcontrib call. Anyone know how to pass this
> through from Ruby without a problem?

I am calling rtcontrib from inside bash-scripts, and it works fine.
Probably this is some Ruby-specific problem. I tend to insert a
print-command right in front of the command call to see whether all
variable names and such get resolved as expected. In my experience,
quoting and typos are the worst origins of errors in interpreted scripts
(and the reason people like compiled languages doing much more checks).

Cheers, Lars.