[Radiance-general] illuminance measurement

John Ford johnford at bb3.net.au
Sun Aug 15 19:34:22 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to confirm illuminance calculations but getting conflicting
results. A falsecolor image generated from an irradiance image (-i
option to rpict: rif file has line 'render= -i') gives an illuminance
of around 400 lux in the middle of the room. Using rtrace I get an
illuminance of about 210 lux in the middle of the room. (I'm using an
irradiance image for the -i option in falsecolor and a radiance image
for the -p option).

The rtrace I'm using is as per Axel Jacobs tutorial: echo "61.292
27.490 0 0 0 1' | rtrace -I -h -ov octrees/south.oct | rcalc -e
'$1=179*$1' This should work with the octree- same as what I generated
the image from-  should it not?

John.

JOHN FORD

BLUEBOTTLE