[Radiance-general] Radout

Hind Dirani hdirani at eegroup.info
Fri Aug 6 07:18:36 PDT 2010

I check this link that doesn't work:

http://www.schorsch.com/download/radout/

Is there any other address?

-----Original Message-----
From: radiance-general-bounces at radiance-online.org
[mailto:radiance-general-bounces at radiance-online.org] On Behalf Of Thomas
Bleicher
Sent: Thursday, August 05, 2010 2:02 PM
To: Radiance general discussion
Subject: Re: [Radiance-general] Radout

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Hind Dirani <hdirani at eegroup.info> wrote:
> I haven't used all these programs before, what is the best & easier method
> (program) to build a 3D model that can be use in Daysin.

That depends on your skills with AutoCAD and which software you have
available.
If you are comfortable in AutoCAD then use that to build your geometry
and find a tool that helps you to convert the geometry to OBJ. 3D Max
or Rhino can do that and it doesn't take a lot of skill to import a
file and export it in another format.

If you're new to 3D modeling anyway you can try SketchUp. Compared to
all the other 3D apps out there it is easy and intuitive to use. The
models for DAYSIM will not be too complex either so should be able to
do all your modeling in SketchUp.

Regards,
Thomas