[Radiance-general] Radout

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Thu Aug 5 07:12:01 PDT 2010

One other hint... for anyone who is entering the world of building
models, I can recommend formZ. It combines CAD and modelling features
and supports a broad range of 2d and 3d formats. We have used it with
success to create models for Radiance via dxf (and then Schorsch's
dxf2rad) and obj, and I have also verified that you could even use
brlcad as a converter to keep all CAD data in IGES and convert
iges-obj-Radiance (that would mean a neutral CAD standard linked to
Radiance).

However the most important is to learn modeling for simulation is
different from producing architectural drawings. And... I usually use a
text editor for that reason, no CAD.

Cheers, Lars.