[Radiance-general] Computing irradiances for glow materials

Claus Brøndgaard Madsen cbm at create.aau.dk
Wed Aug 4 01:44:12 PDT 2010

Dear Radiance list,

I have a problem with using glow for backprojecting an image onto the geometry of the scene. I have compiled a small .html page with some images to support my question:

http://www.cvmt.dk/~cbm/tmp/radianceglowproblem/glowproblem.html

In short: I have acquired an image of a scene for which I also have a 3D model. The camera is calibrated to the scene, and therefore I am able to backproject the image pixels onto the geometry. Now I want to use the rpict -i option to compute the irradiances in the scene, where the backprojected image should be the only illumination in the scene. I.e., the backprojected image should be treated as emitted radiance from diffusely emitting surfaces, and I want to render the irradiance received at all locations in the scene. But when I do that, the only thing which shows up in the render are the glow materials, not the irradiances.

I am hoping my will be clear if someone finds time to look at the images on the above link.

Best,
Claus