[Radiance-general] Re: trans dashboard widget

Andy McNeil amcneil at lbl.gov
Fri Apr 30 13:54:12 PDT 2010

Hi Jack,

Yes the inevitable question.  I actually thought about mentioning portability in my original email, but thought that it was presumptuous to think that anyone other than me might actually want it.  It is a silly tool after all, though not as silly as my original iphone app idea.

Mac widgets are html and javascript, so putting it on the web is easy in theory.   I'll see if I can get it to work on the web, and then try to find a suitable home for it.

I think windows 7 has equivalent sidebar gadgets that are also html with javascript.  Some Linux variants have a similar widget/gadget scheme.  I'd be happy to share what I have with anyone who wants to create the same for another operating system, but I don't have easy access to windows 7 or a linux box, so I can't do that myself.

Best,
Andy