[Radiance-general] ambient bounces

Jia Hu hujia06 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 04:56:11 PDT 2010

Sorry, I just want to clarify my question.

For the methods used in Radiance, there are three parts to calculate: direct
component, specular indirect component, and diffuse indirect component.

For the direct and specular components, the value of contribution is got by
hitting the source, is there any limit for the number of bounces for these
two component?

 But for diffuse component, how can we define the value after the number of
bounces (the value of "ab" ) is exceeded since the diffuse
component considers those without hitting any source? The rays hitting the
source will be discarded because the other components have considered them.

Thank you,
jia