[Radiance-general] tone-mapping (pcond and ra_tiff)

Christopher Rush Christopher.Rush at arup.com
Wed Apr 7 06:32:40 PDT 2010

The pcond command does not maintain the original values of the image,
but rather adjusts them according to a visual interpretation of what the
image should look like when printed or displayed on the screen. If you
need to do exposure adjustment but preserve original data try pfilt.

From: Coralie Cauwerts

Dear all,

I would like to understand how ra_tiff and pcond work.

I'm using pcond specifying contrast (-d) and max luminance (-u) of my
display. Then I transform my picture (.pic) with ra_tiff to obtain a
tiff picture.

Does somebody know which function is applied in ra_tiff to transform a
.pic in a .tif ? It seems that my picture in .tif has a mean luminance
greater than my .pic