[Radiance-general] Calculating pixel value at a specific location in an image

Chris Humann chris at coolshadow.com
Mon Apr 5 15:35:52 PDT 2010

My apologies for not being more specific when posting earlier.   I
also just realized that I missed a similar post in the archives from
May 2008.  However, the latter posts don't quite answer the question
at hand.

I have a series of images produced from a script in which the previous
image octree is over written prior to the proceeding rpict call.
Given the latter condition, I don't think  vwrays connected to rtrace
will work as I don't have the corresponding 'octree' file.
I suppose I could write a Python Script to parse the pixel location
and its associated value, but that seems a bit over kill for what
seems should be a straight forward, one line task.

> I'm trying to use 'pvalue' to calculate a pixel value at a specific
> x,y location in an image by piping  'pvalue' through 'rcalc',  and
> am stuck on the correct syntax to use for the expression, '-e', in
> 'rcalc':
>
> pvalue -o -h  -H  rendered_image.hdr | rcalc -e
> '(x_location,y_location

Thanks again.
Chris