[Radiance-general] Multiple spherical glow sources?

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Sep 14 18:06:08 PDT 2009

Hi Mark,

I have never looked into night skies, but from what I observed, they
show little angular variance, as finally you have starts everywhere over
the dome. Maybe I am ignoring something important here, but can't you
assume a gradient for the illuminance to be totally fine to light your
scene? I would assume that towards the horizon you get much higher
levels due to "light pollution", but I cannot imagine that for the
illumination of an object under the sky different "densities" of stars
under different angles really show up.

By the way, do you know the paper on night sky modeling by Henrik Wann
Jensen and others "A Physically-Based Night Sky Model"?

Cheers Lars.