[Radiance-general] Multiple spherical glow sources?

Mark Stock mstock at umich.edu
Mon Sep 14 16:12:55 PDT 2009

The star map that I have now is LDR, but I intend to create a new
HDR version using the raw star data from Tycho-2. Unfortunately,
there are stars everywhere, so I'd need illums to cover pretty
much the whole hemisphere. Since that'll wind up being 50-200 of
them, it will cost a lot in render-time, and add some complexity
to the preprocessing. This is disappointing because a single glow
source would have sufficed, and accomplished almost the same
thing.

Do "illum" surfaces respond to "rpict -ds" ? I'll want smooth
penumbras. If so, I can get by with fewer illums.

Mark