[Radiance-general] genutahsky

Mark Stock mstock at umich.edu
Sat Oct 31 10:06:07 PDT 2009

Rob,

The command-line options that work are basically just those: the
mandatory time arguments (with a new year argument "-y 2009"),
the optional location (-a -o and -m), and turbidity (-t).

The program writes a complete sky description that should
probably be redirected to a file. For example:

genutahsky 10 31 13EDT -y 2009 -a 42.36 -o 71.06 -t 3 > sky.rad

generates the sky above me right now. Then you can generate your
octree as normal:

oconv sky.rad scene.rad > scene.oct

Make sure that all of the ancilliary files (stardome.rad,
TychoSkymap...hdr, *.cal) are put into either the current working
directory or wherever the library files are.

Mark