[Radiance-general] Antimatter

Giovanni Betti gbetti at fosterandpartners.com
Fri Oct 30 09:40:22 PDT 2009

Dear All,

It has been a real pleasure to have the chance to be at the radiance
workshop in Cambridge and to meet all the great guys there and to listen
to so many inspiring presentations (btw, really looking forward to see
them on line!)

Now back to the office and again fighting with day to day issues. I am
trying to model a series of openings in a screen using antimatter and I
am getting really confused.
The screen is modelled as a single surface intersected by a number of
cubes. As in the antimatter description I read:
"The viewpoint must be outside all volumes concerned for a correct
rendering." I assume that means that the camera should not be inside one
of the cubes and that (I guess) the cube normals should point outward.
Done that, I am able to see through the cubes but I do not see the
pattern of light coming through the antimatter holes, I just have a big
solid shadow...

Is that how it is supposed to behave? Does anybody have any clue about
what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Best,

Giovanni