[Radiance-general] gendaylit problems

John Mardaljevic jm at dmu.ac.uk
Tue Oct 27 05:10:33 PDT 2009

Hi (Zdravo) Marija,

As far as I could tell, the fix given by Perez in the erratum (link
below) is in the code:

	/* correction de modele de Perez solar energy ...*/
	if ( (epsilon > 1.065) && (epsilon < 2.8) )

http://www.asrc.cestm.albany.edu/perez/publications/Solar%20Resource%20Assessment%20and%20Modeling/More%20Papers%20on%20Resource%20Assessment%20and%20Satellites/erratum-93.pdf

Note that the AW model was based *only* on data from Berkeley.  This
is perhaps why the overcast conditions in the AW model are different
to CIE overcast (which has been validated as a reliable overcast model
for many European sites).  See:
J. Mardaljevic. Sky model blends for predicting internal illuminance:
a comparison founded on the BRE-IDMP dataset. Journal of Building
Performance Simulation, 1(3):163–173, 2008.

E-mail me if you can't get access to this journal.

-John

Dr. John Mardaljevic
Reader in Daylight Modelling
Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development
De Montfort University
The Gateway
Leicester
LE1 9BH, UK