[Radiance-general] Annual simulations + BSDF

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 13:37:51 PDT 2009

Hi Andrew,

With funding from Southern California Edison through the Heschong-
Mahone Group and separate funding from LBNL, I've been working on the
3-phase method described.  We have a few tools in the HEAD version of
Radiance now, which I'll be talking about next week at the Radiance
workshop.  Unfortunately, I haven't prepared any presentation
materials yet, but if you make it to Boston, I will have something by
then and we can have a nice conversation.

The lack of BTDF data is a serious issue, and could be addressed with
appropriate modeling.  I don't know how well rtcontrib would work for
this, as I've never tried it, but it's an interesting suggestion.  The
folks in the Windows group at LBNL have been using TracePro to
generate their BTDFs when they aren't taking measurements.

It's an ambitious project you have, and not something you're going to
sort out in an afternoon.  What's your deadline?

Cheers,
-Greg