[Radiance-general] illumination mismatch

Per Haugaard perhaugaard at yahoo.dk
Wed Oct 14 00:12:10 PDT 2009

Dear usergroup,

After extruding a floorplan in Google sketch-up i inserted windows for all orientations, exported the scene to radiance and started illuminance and hence DF calculations. Except from one orientation the results look valid. But the illuminination entering from the north facing window is over estimated. I get a DF above 10 up til 15 m from the facade. It looks like north wall is not taken into account in the calculation. There are no problems when I excluce the north window.

Here is data extrated from my geometry file:

# north wall
white_paint polygon t_2_0
0
0
36
    115.981526  75.891011  0.000000
    115.981526  75.891011  28.000000
    0.000000  75.891011  28.000000
    0.000000  75.891011  12.800000
    17.292543  75.891011  12.800000
    0.528300  75.891011  18.200000
    115.477026  75.891011  18.200000
    115.477026  75.891011  19.850000
    0.528300  75.891011  19.850000
    0.528300  75.891011  18.200000
    17.292543  75.891011  12.800000
    17.292543  75.891011  0.000000

# North window
LT70 t_33_0
0
0
12
    115.477026  75.891011  19.850000
    0.528300  75.891011  19.850000
    0.528300  75.891011  18.200000
    115.477026  75.891011  18.200000

I have debugged the geometry and calculation procedure and found no mismatch. Have anybody experienced the same illumination mismatch before?

Any help is appreciated.

/Per

      Trænger du til at se det store billede? Kelkoo giver dig gode tilbud på LCD TV! Se her http://dk.yahoo.com/r/pat/lcd