[Radiance-general] getting irradiance from source defined inphotometric units

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 12 01:36:48 PDT 2009

Hi Rob.

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 7:15 PM, Guglielmetti, Robert
<Robert.Guglielmetti at nrel.gov> wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> I'm a little hazy on a couple of your questions. When you say "used a WHITE keyword in your IES", do you mean using the "-t white" option in your ies2rad command, or actually adding a keyword to the ies file? Because ies2rad ignores the keywords in the ies file

That's not quite correct. ies2rad looks at the [LAMP] entry and
tries to match an entry in lamp.tab to the string found. Mostly
that doesn't work because there is no standard in naming lamp
sources. The few matches I remember were accidental.

It's better to specify the lamp type on the command line even
if you're not actually interested in the light color. I even thought
about patching ies2rad to make the WHITE type the default and
skip the lookup altogether. That would garantee a predictable
conversion.

Regards,
Thomas