[Radiance-general] Strange filetype naming when redering with radiance

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Thu Oct 8 07:19:41 PDT 2009

Hi Per,

I think that this is probably an issue relating to the scripting and not
Radiance. I think that first thing to check is if there are carriage
returns in the file (appearing as ^M), if so these need to be removed.
What program are you using to create/edit your script? You should make
sure that the editor is saving the files appropriately for Unix/Linux
not DOS. You should be able to use the \ to continue a command to the
next line without any problems....

Also you might want to add:

#!/bin/bash

to the head of your script. Then if you set the script file to be
executable:

chmod u+x /scriptfilename/

you can run the script simply by typing its name at the command line
rather than sourcing it.

-Jack