[Radiance-general] Help on BRTDfunc

Edilberto Calixihan jcalixihan at cladding.com
Mon Oct 5 00:20:43 PDT 2009

Hello!

I'm new to Desktop Radiance and use Ecotect to create and run the
simulations.  I need advise on using BRTDfunc.  Below is the .rad file from
Optics 5 for the clear glass that I need:

void  glass       01_Clear_8_glass
0
0
3     0.934     0.974     0.955

void  BRTDfunc    01_Clear_8_front
10
      0.077     0.082     0.082
      0.857     0.894     0.877
      0 0 0
      .
0
9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

void  BRTDfunc    01_Clear_8_back
10
      0.077     0.082     0.082
      0.857     0.894     0.877
      0 0 0
      .
0
9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

When I insert it into the my scene file (replace the default glass command
lines) I get an "unidentified modifier "Clear"" error.  Which means the
polygons referencing "Clear" cannot find the glass description, right?  I
would modify the glass description to various id combinations like the one
below but I get a "bad arguments for "Clear"" error.

void  glass   Clear   Clear_8_glass
0
0
3     0.934     0.974     0.955

void  BRTDfunc  Clear_8_front
10
      0.077     0.082     0.082
      0.857     0.894     0.877
      0 0 0
      .
0
9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

void  BRTDfunc  Clear_8_back
10
      0.077     0.082     0.082
      0.857     0.894     0.877
      0 0 0
      .
0
9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

How can I properly run BRTDfunc and the glass reflection numbers from Optics
5?

The one that seems to run ok is below but not sure if I got it right..
Also, we don't have a Unix pc at work but I'm interested in the newer
versions of Radiance.  Shall I start to learn Cygwin or MinGW to access
advance glass functions?  Any advice would be very helpful.

void  glass   Clear
0
0
3     0.934     0.974     0.955