[Radiance-general] "Sensor Surfaces"

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Thu Nov 19 05:47:28 PST 2009

Dear all

in order to be able to "scan" a large surface which is located behind a
partially and non-uniformly transparent surface for "if" direct light hits,
I am looking for a way to have "Sensor Surfaces" in a Radiance model. I
would like to avoid having to define discrete sensor points as this would
either require an "infinite" number of such points or lead to too large gaps
in the information, IMO.

I have been unable to find any reference to such a possibility. If anybody
here has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate them.

Thanks and best regards

Achim

Yuanda-Europe