[Radiance-general] Infrared scene simulation

Alexander Utz AlexanderUtz at web.de
Fri May 29 10:36:58 PDT 2009

Hi Greg,

first of all thank you for your answer.

I'm aware that modelling infrared radiation as a visible color doesn't make sense in that way. I just wasn't able do figure out how to create a source with the corresponding energy. In my application there would be on esource - a blackbody - at several degrees above roomtemperatur. I want to know the amount of energy which arrives at a certain area within the scene also regarding the energy emerging from other object in "sight" of the detector area.

I thought it might be possible to model the surfaces of these other objects as radiation sources as well, according to their temperature (which will be about 20°C) and emessivities/reflectances in the far infrared. When searching for a solution I appeared to me that radiance was the most promissing tool - but if you say it's not possible I fear I will have to search on.

Maybe you know a better alternative?

Thanks,
Alex