[Radiance-general] Rendering large space with small detail (small picture now attached!)

Paul Chilton p.chilton at gmail.com
Tue May 19 02:35:56 PDT 2009

Hi John,

I want to be able to test the daylight and sun penetration in the mall space
during different sky conditions eg 9am 12pm 3pm sunny sky and also an
overcast sky. So in hindsight I should've used the CIE overcast. However,
when I simulate with sunny sky conditions I get the same resolution and
rendering problems.

Any more thoughts?

Paul.

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 2:01 AM, John Mardaljevic <jm at dmu.ac.uk> wrote:

> Paul,
>
>  The outside ambient conditions are a uniform sky.
>>

> Is there a particular reason to use a uniform sky over the CIE overcast?
>
> -John

> Dr. John Mardaljevic
> Reader in Daylight Modelling
> Institute of Energy and Sustainable Development
> De Montfort University
> The Gateway
> Leicester
> LE1 9BH, UK