[Radiance-general] questions from newbie

Chien Si Harriman CHarriman at gb-eng.com
Mon May 18 15:01:53 PDT 2009

Hi all-

I'm being asked increasingly to perform more daylighting and artificial
daylight studies.  I typically use IES Virtual Environment as the
interface for Radiance, and I find I like it a fair amount, in terms of
ease-of-use.  Since this is where I started using Radiance, I'm
wondering if anyone has any insights into what IES Virtual Environment
can/cannot do when compared to scripting from scratch.  Anyone offering
insight here would be greatly appreciated.

Chien Si Harriman, LEED AP

Senior Building Performance Engineer

G U T T M A N N & B L A E V O E T |  C o n s u l t i n g  E n g i n e e
r s

2351 Powell Street | San Francisco, CA 94133

Committed to the 2030 Challenge <http://architecture2030.org/>

Direct  415.655.4005 | Main  415.655.4000 | Fax  415.655.4001
Email charriman at gb-eng.com | www.gb-eng.com

San Francisco |  Sacramento |  Santa Rosa
Certified Green Business, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Santa Rosa |
2007 Sacramento Sustainable Business of the Year Award Recipient