[Radiance-general] HDR images

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Thu May 14 08:54:48 PDT 2009

Hi Christoph,

I'm cross-posting my reply to the HDRI mailing list, where this
probably belongs.

I hired a programmer friend of mine to port Photosphere to Windows
and Linux a few years ago, but she has since had two children and is
a busy mom.  I'm not sure where that project stands, to be honest.  I
know it is possible to compile the command-line tool hdrgen under
Windows with some effort, but it hasn't been done for many a year.

The Canon 5D camera with Sigma fisheye is a good choice, and Sigma
has a 180-degree fisheye that works on APS sensors now as well, so
you could get a Nikon D90 (or whatever) and use that as a lower-cost
alternative.

Cheers,
-Greg